Sunday, February 12, 2006

depressing

What a depressing place in which I live. The scenery is beautiful, but the people are angry, beaten-down, ignorant, or just drunk. Bad time of the year around here, not much to do with all the bad weather, either eat at the new fast food place that just opened, or go to the nearest pub. All in all, this isn't the same place I grew up, I don't know if it is me, fighting a mid life crisis, or if it realy has changed. Oh well, just hard to come to terms with the fact that I don't think I will accomplish the things I dreamed of just a few short 20 years ago. Where I work, people are so driven to put down their fellow human being that they will stop at just about nothing to humiliate. One of our co-owners has been in the business for about as long as I've been alive, that's long to be sure, but he has actually lived at this place at times so it would remain a viable business. now that this company has merged with another, the other co-owner issued a press release not even mentioning him. All of his efforts are for nothing! the other owner is so into self promotion, he all but took credit for the creation of the internet, ala Al Gore.. Needless to say a hard put down for a very hard working individual. It makes me want to not even try anymore. But I was raised much differently than that, as long as I wake up in the morning, I will go to work and stay untill it is all done, and all done properly. Even if it isn't noticed, I will know. thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wontar said...

"The easiest way to make yourself look good is by making those around you look bad by screwing them over." Or something like that. (What am I, a fortune cookie?)

Your work ethic is strangely familiar... and if you're working for yourself it's great! If you're working for someone else, especially someone who doesn't appreciate it, you end up getting used, abused, and with an occasional hat rack up your ass for good measure.

Me? Bitter? Yep.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home