Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tombstone



Wow what a great day! We went to Tombstone today, one of my things on my list to do before I die. what a great time we had, the trip out there from Tucson was full of great views. Just to be out in the desert finally is such a great treat, I still can't believe I'm here. It was so cool to be driving along in the desert for miles, then all of a sudden civilization! Just a group of trailers, homes, and double-wides just grouped together like a giant tornado deposited them there. Then we would go along for a little while longer and all of a sudden, grass, tall trees and ponds! What a diverse landscape.

Then the town of tombstone, what else can I say, but cool! Being from the cooperstown area, I can appreciate the need to keep the town "in the period" but these people did a great job! The people are genuinely friendly, dressed the part and just plain happy that you stopped by. Not pissed that you are making them work, but happy to have you. We spent hours there, but it only felt like minutes. I cannot thank Deb and Mark enough for making this trip so enjoyable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home