Friday, August 19, 2005

Old Tucson, old me






















Today we went to Old Tucson, which I can only describe as part amusement park part wild west show. It was very cool. I began to realize about half way through our visit, that this place looks familiar in some way, fearing an out of body experience, or worse yet some sirley mclain past life thing, I looked at some pictures on one of the buildings. And lo and behold, some of my favorite John Wayne movies were filmed here. Rio Lobo, McLintok, Rio Bravo, just to name a few.. That little tidbit just made it all the more fasinating. I also have to share, before we went to Old Tucson, we had lunch at a local place that was fantastic. Once again, the wait staff here is very impressive. For those of you who don't know, my brother and I are legendary soda drinkers when we eat. I'm talking about 2 or 3 before the meal arrives. Our waitress was practicaly telekenetic, she was refilling our drinks before they were empty! Many kudos to all the service industry people here, it is so refreshing to find people happy to do their jobs. Also, many thanks to Deb and Mark for opening their home to us and driving us around the area, showing us the sights. You guys made my year. Thank you so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wontar said...

Hey, don't thank us until after you get our bill.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Stargazer said...

It's been my pleasure to have both of you here. I am enjoying your company, and will miss you two when go back to NY.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home