Sunday, August 21, 2005

Spectacular views.. (cool too)






By far the best trip of the vacation!! Today we went to a great national park. I will get the name in a min. anyway, what fun! The views alone were fantastic! But we also got to climb! That seems to be our new favorite pastime.. I need the excerise anyway.. The rock formations were great! Just to think that this has all been here for millions of years is astounding! I would have loved to spend much more time there, but sunset (another beautiful one at that) made us head for home. Just let me say, the national park system got it right here, $5.00 per person, and it is good for 7 days!! So cool! There are miles of trails or you can just take off eh. And wander. I could definitely spend 7 days there no problem. Once again, with tourist season winding down, we felt like we have Arizona to ourselves. The people that we do meet are very friendly. It's funny, you can tell the tourists from the locals just by their attitude... Oh well, one more day in paradise, then back to the 1970's... I'm depressed already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home