Saturday, August 20, 2005

Look at dem butterflies



Another great day here in the desert. This afternoon we went to the Arizona-Sonora desert museum. In a word, fantastic. Just the setting alone is worth the trip. You are actually out in the habitat with the animals, with not much separating you from them, only some very thin chicken wire. All the time you realize that you are in their world. Very cool, I think that I am going to re-name this trip to the "that's cool" trip, because that's all that I keep saying while I'm out here. Anyhoo, the whole time we are out walking in the "museum" you could look out and see for miles! All the way across a huge valley, very cool. (see what I mean?) So here we are walking through this fantastic display, and getting towards the end, and we are at a little alcove with some beautiful flowers all there for butterflies. With a sign and all, when lo and behold comes a very heavy accented new yorker proclaiming Look vinnie, (or whatever, I can't remember the name) look at all these freakn' butterflies! There must be hundreds of them! I looked at my brother and lost it! I pitty the fools that commit social fau pau in our presence! So here we are with vinnie the mook proclaiming the painfully obvious for all the desert to hear, I just couldn't take it... Lets just say, the expounding that went on during the ride home was funny!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home