Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hi race fans!


Hello gentle readers! I did it! I have been trying to take up running in the past month or so, and yesterday I competed in my first 10k race. I've done 2 other races, but only 5k races so far. For those of you (like me) who don't know, 5k is about 3.2 miles and 10k is of course, double.. Well I ran the 10 in 58 min. 35 seconds! Not bad for the first time running that distance in 25 years! I'm so happy I made it, I've had so many health problems in the past 6 or 7 years, I didn't think that this was remotely possible. Oh well, I feel better, I'm finaly thinner, and I can still walk. All in all, not a bad weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wontar said...

I think you need to quantify "thinner" a bit better. 40 lbs in six months is pretty damned impressive, ya friggin' string bean. Color me jealous and all that.

Your brother, the potato.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home